Monday, December 21, 2009

What are the best Leapster games/cartridges to get?

My son is 4 1/2 and I%26#039;m getting him the L-Max Leapster for Christmas. I want to get an assortment of games but don%26#039;t want them to be duplicative in what they teach. Can somebody who has a good lot of them tell me the best four games I could get that would teach a little bit of everything and have some fun? Thanks so much!!|||My son is 5 and has had the Leapster(not the LMax) since he was 3. He has 12 cartridges now(the older ones).


The ones he likes best (and plays with the most):


1. Kindergarten


2. First grade


3. Spiderman (he is a big Spidey fan)


4. Spongebob (ditto)





He also has the Batman cartridge but it is too advanced for him right now- he has not been able to %26quot;unlock%26quot; any games except for the first one.. Others : Nemo (played with that a lot when Nemo was his favorite movie but not anymore), The Incredibles (advanced for a 5 year old), Dora (duplicates most of the skills taught in the default cartridge that comes with the Leapster), Mr. Pencil (very unforgiving if small kids do not exactly trace on the lines), Math Baseball (not played it yet) and Letter Factory (good if you son does not know his letters and sounds yet).





BTW, I have heard %26quot;Letters on the loose%26quot; is good for Pre-K kids learning their sounds. My son does not have this but the reviews I have read say it is a great game. The recent %26quot;Cars%26quot; game also has good reviews for Pre-K/K and I am planning to get it.|||is he into anyone specific? i would start with the characters that he likes and choose those games first. keep in mind most leapster games will work in the L Max too so you have more to choose from.|||dont buy anything just buy a PSP

No comments:

Post a Comment