Monday, December 21, 2009

My printer isn't recognizing my ink cartridge?

I have an Epson C66 printer, and I went to buy a new cartridge at Staples. The guy there talked me into buying a Staples brand cartridge that he said would work exactly the same as an Epson one with only a third of the price. I put it in my printer and it says my black ink is filled now, but when I print still no black ink shows up!


Any ideas?


(I%26#039;ve tried calling the customer support, it was useless)|||The new cart may be dried up .


take a look at the part that lets the ink come out and see if any ink comes off on your fingers .If it does than it is defective. If no ink is present then the cart is dried up. try shaking it and try a damp rag on the print heads. If nothing works , take it back and buy the regular brand.|||Did you forget to remove the plastic tape strip across the printhead?


Did you run your printer%26#039;s head cleaning operation at least a few times?


Perhaps some ink has dried, clogging the jets?





Good Luck|||Epson only likes Epson...take it back and get the proper one

No comments:

Post a Comment