Monday, December 21, 2009

Did I break my ink cartridge?

I just had a color ink cartridge refilled at Walgreens. I was a bit clumsy when trying to remove the protective cap, and accidentally touched the %26quot;inky%26quot; part. Now, I%26#039;ve got colored ink on my fingers. The printer still recognizes the cartridge, but says it%26#039;s empty. Did I mess it up when I touched that part, or is possible Walgreens did something wrong?


And it would be nice if I knew the name of the %26quot;inky%26quot; part too : )|||No, you did nothing wrong.





Your printer recognizes the cartridge as empty based on the contact strip running up the back of it, and the last time the cartridge was in, it was.....empty, right?





Your printer will continue to function, you will just get an annoying message that your cartridge is empty. Click OK and keep going. Unless you%26#039;ve got a Canon Pixma......?





Inky part is the printhead. When I describe it to my customers, I call it the %26quot;business end%26quot;|||The inky part is called the head. Not sure what printer you have so you might want to go to the manufaturers web site about resetting the cartridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment