Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How long do ink cartridges last when used daily?

I print newsletters that DON%26#039;T have plain white backgrounds, and have a lot of pictures, how long will this last for?|||It depends on what ink you are using. Tricolour will go quicker as once one colour is out the cartridge needs replacing, Single colours are more economical but still cost. I also print such items and I have a 5 ink system and I can change some colours twice a day when printing with picture backgrounds. Last week I went through 7 cartridges in one day - I swear. I have a chip re-setter and exact colour match ink for my printer so it cost me only about half the price of one cartridge to refill them all but if you have to buy new ones it will cost you hundreds to do hundreds.|||How much are you printing? 10%26#039;s, 100%26#039;s, 1000%26#039;s???





How much text/pictures/backgrounds are you using...?





It%26#039;s totally subjective and can even depend on the type of paper you%26#039;re using.





Is your background one colour? Ie: if you have a yellow background obviously you%26#039;re going to use much more yellow ink than anything else.





You really won%26#039;t know until you do a few test runs... If you find you%26#039;re running through ink at a rate of knots, invest in a more economical printer. Best one on the market at the moment for colour economy is the HP OfficeJet Pro L7590. It retails for approx $399-$399 AUD and offers the best economy of any printer on the market!





Good luck!|||The average ink cartridge will only yield 250-500 pages. If you are printing a lot of pictures, the yield could even be smaller than that. It really depends on the kind of printer you are using however.

No comments:

Post a Comment