Tuesday, December 15, 2009

How do I reset the chips on my Epson DX4400 cartridges?

I have bought non-Epson cartridges which contain much more ink than their Epson equivalents, but they are still half-full when the computer decides they are empty. How can I prolong their use?


My printer is an Epson DX4400 and I use Windows Vista Basic.|||You can buy a chip re setter (they cost about $30), however as a default Epsom will leave about 30% ink in the cartridge in order for them for function and distribute ink correctly.





Resetting the chip may result in poor quaility prints and irrepairable damage to your printer.





The cartridges your printer takes are tiny. Even with much more ink they do not print many pages. From epson they are only 7ml, with only about 4-5 ml being usable ink. This is only about 100 pages if you are not printing photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment